Dr. Dimitris Strakas (DDS, MSc, PhD) was born in 1975 in Volos Greece, where he has a private laser dental clinic since 2003.
He completed his studies in Aristotle University of Thessaloniki in 2002, and his Master of Science in Lasers in Dentistry, in RWTH Aachen University in 2006.
Since 2007 he is an adjunct faculty member and lecturer of the Aachen Dental Laser Center (AALZ) at RWTH Aachen University and from 2009 the Scientific Director of AALZ Greece. This is the Greek branch of Aachen Dental Laser Center, providing Certified Education to dentists, with Seminars, Workshops, Mastership Courses and MSc studies in the fields of Laser Dentistry and Laser Safety.
In 2013 founded the Laser Clinic Department at Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, which he is still in charge of.
In 2017 he received his PhD in Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Department of Operative Dentistry.
Since 2017 he is a University Scholar at the Department of Operative Dentistry, in School of Dentistry, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Greece. Since 2019 he is a Visiting Professor at MIU University Cairo.
Since 2021 he is the Scientific Director of Aachen Dental Laser Center (AALZ).
He is the Secretary General of the International Society for Laser Dentistry (ISLD), Vice - President of the Hellenic Academy for Laser Dentistry (HALD), Member of the Deutschen Gesellschaft für Laserzahnheilkunde e.V. (DGL), Past Chairman of the World Federation of Laser Dentistry – European Division (WFLD-ED) and Past - President of the Greek Society for Laser Dentistry (GSLD).
He has many publications and articles on laser dentistry in Greek and international magazines. He has authored one book and translated in Greek three books for Laser Dentistry.
He is an Associate Editor for Lasers in Dental Science (LIDS), member of the Editorial Board of Laser Magazine (the International magazine of Laser Dentistry by Oemus Publications) and a reviewer for several peer-reviewed scientific Journals, including Lasers in Medical Science (LIMS), Photomedicine and Laser Surgery, International Journal of Paediatric Dentistry and others.
He has given a variety of lectures in Greek and International Congresses, meetings and workshops.
Georgi Tomov received his Master's degree in Dental Medicine with Magna cum laude honors from the Medical University of Plovdiv, Bulgaria. He obtained PhD degree in 2009, following the successful defense of his doctoral thesis. Georgi Tomov holds two specialties: endodontics, which he earned in 2008, and periodontology, which he earned in 2019. Currently, he serves as a Professor on periodontology at the Faculty of Dental Medicine in Plovdiv where in 2020 he was appointed as the Chair of the Periodontology Department. Prof. Tomov is a founder and Director of the Laser Center in the Faculty of Dental Medicine since 2012.
Prof. Tomov's scientific interests and clinical practice are both centered around periodontology and the use of lasers in dentistry. He has authored over 40 full-text publications in specialized dental journals, and has co-authored textbooks on laser dentistry for dental students. Prof. Tomov is also a member of the Executive Board of the International Society for Laser Dentistry (ISLD) and is an active lecturer on laser dentistry in Europe, Asia and America.
A nationally recognized leader in innovations in health care, Jonathan “Jack” Lord, M.D, is actively engaged in driving change in healthcare through new technologies and therapies. Dr. Lord is a board-certified forensic pathologist and Fellow of the College of American Pathologists. He began his medical career in the U.S. Navy, serving for 11 years in a number of leadership roles in the Navy Medical Department. He later served as a senior executive in a variety of healthcare organizations – the Anne Arundel Medical Center, SunHealth and as the chief operating officer of the American Hospital Association. Lord was the former chief innovation officer and senior vice president of Humana - during his time at Humana, he created Humana’s Innovation Center, which combined research, technology and consumer experience to promote health and well-being. He also contributed to the field of predictive sciences by using advanced analytics to predict who will become ill in the future and how to prevent disease. Recently he served as the Chief Innovation Officer and Chief Operating Officer of the Miller School of Medicine at the University of Miami; he is a double alumnus of the University of Miami.
Dr. Lord also serves or has served as a member of a number of prestigious boards and organizations, including the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s Advisory Committee to the Director; the National Advisory Council for Healthcare Research and Quality, which advises the U.S. Secretary of Health and Human Services; and the editorial board for the International Journal of Healthcare Management. His previous academic appointments include Dartmouth Medical School, George Washington University and the Eastern Virginia School of Medicine.
Dr. Lord focuses on the commercialization of disruptive innovations that change people lives; including executive and governance roles at companies that have done that - Health Dialog, Humana, Therasense, Dexcom (DXCM), Stericycle, Mako Surgical, Velano Vascular, Digital Reasoning and Hubble Telemedical. Today he serves as a director and chairman of the board of Biolase (BIOL), and as a director for Par8o, and SmartSteward He also serves on advisory board roles for Blue Door Health and Avellino Labs. He has earned certificates in Governance and Audit from the Harvard Business School.
Dr. Martins have over 25 years of expertise in teaching, researching and caring patients in Dentistry field. She embarked on her educational path by earning her undergraduate degree in Dentistry from the Federal University of Rio Grande do Sul and PhD from the University of São Paulo both in Brazil, followed by post-doctoral stint at the University of Michigan. Throughout her career, Dr. Martins has made significant contributions to the field as an Associate Editor of Oral Diseases, Brazilian Oral Research and per reviewing fo Several journal of laser field. Her leadership extends to the presidency of the Brazilian Society of Oral Pathology and Oral Medicine, as well as her role as the Sul region coordinator for Brazilian Association for Laser in Dentistry and Health (ABLOS). She has been published 300+ peer-reviewed papers (H-index of 44). Her dedication to education is exemplified by her mentorship of numerous PhD, Master's, and undergraduate students, and her role as a Principal Investigator on multiple Funding Agency grants. Dr. Martins continues to shape the landscape of laser research, with her WHOC (Wound Healing and Oral Cancer Research group). She has been studying the mechanism of action involved in photobiomodulation and clinical effect of PBM in different lesions. Dr. Martins career underscores her profound impact on the field and her dedication to the advancement of laser field.
- Doctorate (PhD) Lasers in Endodontics MDUP Universidade do Porto - Portugal
- Master of Science (MSc) Lasers in Dentistry RWTH Aachen University - Germany
- University Specialization in Oral Implantology - Universidade Santiago de Compostela, Spain
- Doctor in Dental Sciences (DDS) - Universidade do Porto, Portugal
- Laser Safety Officer (LSO) AALZ-Aachen University
- Member & Keynote Lecturer - International Society for Lasers Dentistry (ISLD)
- Vice-President - Portuguese Society for Medical Lasers (SPILM)
- Academic Co-Worker & International Lecturer AALZ Sigmund Freud Vienna University (Austria)
- Editorial Consultant/Reviewer Lasers in Dental Science Journal (ISSN 2367-2587)
- Exclusive Endodontic e Microsurgery Practice @ Praktijk voor Endodontologie Brabant - Netherlands
- Private practice in Proboca Canarias Dental Clinic
- Academic co-worker at AALZ-SIGMUND FREUD UNIVERSITY and Universidad de Nebrija (Surgical and Medicine Master’s Degree in Dermatoesthetic procedures)
- Lecturer at WCLI and Valencia, Nebrija and Barcelona University
- Degree in Medicine, Surgery and Dentistry.1983
- Post graduate Course in Aesthetic Dentistry, Baylor College of Dentistry, 1996
- Master’s course in Implantology, Surgery, Periodontics and Prosthodontics, Bern University, 2002
- Master‘s Degree in Oral Laser Aplications, Univeristy of Barcelona, 2010
- European Master’s Degree in Oral Laser Applications, EMDOLA, 2010
- Mastership Certification within the World Clinical Laser Institute (WCLI), 2011
- European Master’s Degree in Laser and Phototherapy in Dermoaesthetic Pathology, Official College of Doctors of Barcelona, 2011
- Master of Science (M.Sc) in Lasers in Dentistry, RWTH Aachen University, 2016
- Private practice in Proboca Canarias Dental Clinic since 1987
- Lecturer and coordinator of AALZ Mastership ”Laser Therapy in Dentistry” and MSc. in Lasers in Dentistry
- International speaker of laser in dentistry and integrative medicine
- Editorial Board Member of Laser in Dental Science Journal (LIDS)